Thursday, June 11, 2009

James rocks

So things here in Austin have been going great. Our church is thriving an really making an impact on our community. We are looking at the possibility of moving to another venue to save some cash. So much prayer is needed for guidance in that. 

So I have been reading in James a lot here lately and that dude is just crazy. Crazy in the sense that he is full of wisdom crazy. I believe James has to be one of my all-time fav's in the bible. He is a lot like me..to the point! He doesn't mess around and after reading this particular passage it hit me in the face!!! Stop messing around!!!! Stop messing around with crap that really doesn't matter anyway! And quit being a scared little baby. Let me show you the scripture first (if you might be reading and if you are awesome) so here goes

James 2:1 " My dear friends, don't let public opinion influence how you live out our glorious, Christ-originated faith."

second verse

James 4: 4-5  " You're cheating on God if all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and His way. And do you suppose God doesn't care? The proverb has it that "He is a fiercely jealous lover" and what He gives in love is far better than anything else you will find." 

Whoa! So God has been blowing me away with these two simple things.
1. Stop allowing outside things to dictate your relationship with Me.
2. Stop cheating on Me
 
Ill stop there.
Peace out!


No comments: