Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Recap

Well it was an awesome day at Free Chapel. We had a good attendance which is nice considering Easter was a week before and usually it goes down a lot after that weekend. We had 12 people stand to receive Christ. THAT IS AWESOME!!!! If just 1 stood THAT IS AWESOME!! That is a testimony of God having His way if we let Him and seeing Him do amazing things in the hearts of people. The funny thing is we were doing a video series with Dave Ramsey (Financial Peace University founder) and when Jeremy gave an opportunity at the end to receive Christ I think he and I both were HUMBLY surprised. I'm gonna admit I had a little doubting Thomas in me as I was praying for God to use us and for people to receive Christ earlier before we started the service. Not that I didn't believe it could happen, but there was a part of me saying "Really?? Nah....that couldn't happen through this.....I mean...can God save lost people through a financial series??" But I prayed with the small faith that I had and believed with that same small faith and gave it to Him. And wouldn't you know it.....God moved!!!!!! You know what.....He doesn't need a particular program or series to speak into the heart of a lost person. He just needs a place where His presence is welcome and where we trust with simple faith that He can do the extraordinary, far beyond what we can imagine! His Holy Spirit will do the rest!
Please help us pray for those who trusted Christ yesterday that they will grow in the knowledge of Him and be protected this week. The devil is mad and we need to cover them with prayers.
"Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world!" Sorry satan.

Peace

No comments: