Thursday, March 5, 2009

Giving is a good thing

OK..so it has been too too long. I am a lazy blogger. So I recently went to South Dakota with my friend Derek Mills to move someone there. I loved seeing a part of the country that I had never been to. Crazy things always happen on trips though. We stopped along the highway (to pee) on the one of the many long straightaways in Kansas. Basically because there was absolutely NOTHING for miles except cattle and corn fields. Anyways, after the moment of my relief in the dark freezing wind filled night on a long distant road in Kansas... I lost my wedding ring in the snow while in the process of throwing a snowball at Derek's window. We looked for several minutes until our hands were numb from the snow. Didn't find it. My wife was very excited to hear my story later that night to say the least. It was an awesome trip. Very long. Very cold. It was seven degrees when we got there. Snow everywhere. But we both received an awesome tip from the customer and that was such a blessing! It was $500 a piece!! What?? Seriously??

God is amazing and blesses us in incredible and often the most random of times. I thank him for the opportunity to give and I want to simply be obedient in giving the tithe. Which according to scripture the tithe is 10% of what you make. That belongs to God. I didn't always do that or follow through with it. Sometimes I thought that giving that $100 or $50 was a bad thing and that it would put me in a bind. Especially when my finances were low. But I see now how God blesses me for being obedient. Its not and shouldn't be about getting something in return necessarily, but to simply be obedient God to His word. He promises to bless us for doing so. And when you do "Giving is is a good thing"

3 comments:

Paige Martin said...

Aman!!

candacestone said...

UH It is about stinking time you got this :) LOL hehehehe just kidding!

That rocks :)

candacestone said...

you should give all 500 of it back to God and see what he does!!!!Pay it Forward....I am telling you he will rock you even more :)! I am living proof of being a audacious giver :) Shane and I have gotten to the place where we don't even think twice about how much we are giving because we know God will take care of us no matter what! He always has and always will :) Yes it is about obedience but it is also about trusting him "REALLY" trusting him :) and it is the heart behind the gift not the gift itself :) AMEN AMEN AND AMEN LOL HHEHEHEHHEHEHEHE