Monday, September 22, 2008

Are You in a Place of Trial?

I don't know about you, but sometimes we are faced with trials in life that seem so overwhelming, so unbearable, and sometimes a feeling of pure helplessness arises within them. I want to share a word from Isaiah that I hope will encourage and strengthen you today if you should so be reading. It moved my heart when I read it. To imagine that God thinks of us the way that He does is just mind boggling. Enjoy this powerful, powerful word from the prophet Isaiah. 

Isaiah 43: 1-5

But now God's message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob
The One who got you started Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. Your mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with You
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior
I paid a huge price for you, all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in
That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you!
I'd sell the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you. 
So don't be afraid: I' with you.

3 comments:

candacestone said...

AHHHHH THIS BLESSED ME TODAY :)

Paige Martin said...

This is soooooo good!!!!

Anthony Johnson said...

yeah this blog blessed me too....it just so happens that it blessed me over a month ago...I guess somebody is just too busy getting busy to blog